Monday, April 03, 2006

A fun time was had by all!

I had so much fun visiting with my sister this weekend. It was fun to show her around and to just have a good time. The visit was a little short but that is how is goes, I guess. I am still struggling with a bit of sinus trouble but I'm sure it will continue to improve as the week goes on.

Our building project is moving along. We are finalizing a few small details of the house plans and I am meeting with UBI (UBuildIt) on Wednesday to turn in some plans and get started on the project planning process. It will be good to officially meet with the builder. I hope things go smoothly. There is a chance that it will just be me meeting with the UBI guy but I am hoping Andrew can join me.

We discovered this morning that our sweet doggy, Dewey, is having some issues with possessiveness. I never thought he would be this way. It all started when I tried to get close to him while he was eating an ear treat. He growled at me and showed his teeth! I couldn't believe it. I took the treat away from him, made him sit, and then gave it back. Hopefully showing him that it is ok to share. He did the same to Andrew when he came in the room! So, I decided to walk up to him while he was eating this morning. He definitely snarled and me and then bit my hand. It wasn't a bad bite but it was a bit all the same! I put him in his crate for a while, so I could cool down. I heard that hand feeding was a good way to make your dog realize that the food was not his possession. I let Dewey out of his crate and hand fed him the rest of his breakfast (I also made him sit for each bite). It went well. This is a problem we will have to constantly monitor and work on. We might have to hand feed for a while and then simply sit right by his dish. I used to work with him on possessiveness but he just never showed any signs of it so I quit. I guess it is time again!

Nothing else has really been going on around here. I was able to unpack my spring clothes yesterday and pack up some winter sweaters. I always love doing that. It wasn't as pleasant this year because I spent much of the time thinking about how many things from last year I couldn't fit into. I have got to start walking more often.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the phone call this weekend! I had quite a busy weekend and by the time I remembered to call back, it was either too late or I was on my way to do something else. I loved the message though. It's funny how you and Jenny are always together on my birthday!