Friday, January 06, 2012

Happy New Year

I know . . . I'm six days late wishing you all a Happy New Year!

Oh well . . .

My days are changing with my kiddos changing. That is for sure!

The main thing right now is that Noah is crawling. He started crawling over Christmas break and he can really get anywhere he wants now! That means he either needs to be watched, in his Pack n' play or exersaucer when awake!

Speaking of being awake . . . the boy is still a TERRIBLE sleeper. Every night I put him down at about 8 pm and he falls asleep easily while nursing. I lay him in his crib and between 10 and 30 minutes later he will be up crying.

I know he's tired because if I give in and go rock him, he goes back to sleep. I've been letting him cry lately because . . . you know he's getting older! He should sleep more by now!

He always gets up at least one time per night. Two times is very common. Getting up more than two times per night seems to happen a few times a week. Last night he was up at 8:30 (after going down at 8), 10:30, 12:00 am, 3:20 am, 5:00 am, and awake for the day at 7:45 am.

This would be okay with me if he was a good napper but the boy usually only lasts 20 to 30 minutes on the naps. I'm not sure what to do at this point. With the third baby, you'd think I'd have the answers but each kid is different.

Surely he isn't getting more teeth! If he was then it would be his molars which really shouldn't come in for another 4 or 5 months!! I can't feel anything when I check his mouth so I just think he's in a bad habit at this point.

Elsie:

Oh my, Elsie. In some ways she is getting easier. She is finally FINALLY starting to communicate more . . . even if I'm the only one who understands her. The girl can throw a whale of a temper tantrum, though, and out-of-the-blue. This has definitely kept us from making too many public appearances with her, such as eating out, etc. If you live in our area and enjoy eating out once in a while, you can thank me for staying home. I'm sure she'd be screaming.

Abigail:

Abigail's main objective these days is to "take care of these babies" and most days she really does a wonderful job of helping me. She has her own sass however! She loves to help me cook. Loves to hang out with her dad, and loves to dance!

So, I'm hoping to set a goal for myself of blogging once a week or so but I'm taking the pressure off (of myself). I am kind of dense sometimes but am still realizing that I'm still just surviving around here in our current life state with many small children. I am saying "no" to anything that would distract my focus of taking care of my family in this season. I know it will pass much too quickly for me (it already is) and I just want to enjoy it!!

No comments: