Thursday, January 12, 2012

8 months




Dear Noah,

Hi my little bundle of boy joy! You are now 8 months old (and 2 days but mommy's always behind these days!). You are crawling all over the place and have been for several weeks. You love getting into things. Your favorite destination is to crawl into Elsie's room. You must know that all the good toys are in there!

You are eating some baby food now. You've had bananas, avocados, peas, pears, and prunes. You eat what we give you but aren't terribly enthusiastic about food yet. That's okay. You are still a great nurser and you're obviously getting enough to eat . . . little chunk!

You are still not a very good sleeper. You are starting to get into a regular nap routine where you take two naps a day and sometimes still need a third. You go to bed around 8 pm every night but usually wake just to check on us about 1/2 hour after I put you to bed. Stinker boy! Most nights you only get up once or twice but sometimes it's more than that. As much as I love you and I love seeing your cute baby boy face, it is time for you to start sleeping better!

Noah, we love you so much. You are such a joy to all of us. Your big sisters love to play with you and take care of you. Abigail loves to "babysit" you and will often ask me if I can take a turn watching her "Noey". She feels so responsible for you! Elsie's new favorite thing is to have you come and play in her bed. She calls you "Noney (no knee)". She is becoming more gentle with you and will sit down to play with you too! You are the perfect addition to our family!

There are so many important things I want to say to you but I will try to space them out as you grow (because you're only 8 months old and yet you're already 8 months old!!). The most important thing that I want you to know, my boy, is that Jesus loves you. He died for you and He wants you in His family. As you grow, I hope you see our lives lived out to reflect that truth. I also want you to always remember that I will always love you and will always be there for you in whatever way you need the most. I'm aware (and kind of sad about, to be honest) of the fact that the way you need me will change over the years.

You are truly my "special blessing" that your daddy prayed for many months ago and although it took me awhile to admit it, I'm so glad he prayed that prayer!

I love you!

Mama

No comments: