Monday, June 09, 2008

Seriously, what's up with all the posts?

I've been a blogging fool lately. Perhaps I've been spurred on by the fact that many of my friends have just started blogs. Perhaps I just have a lot to say. I have no idea!

The main focus of my life right now is Abigail's naps. Isn't that weird how I never thought about babies naps before having a baby? I never knew how important they would be to a happy health baby! We had one rough weekend with Abigail. She woke up several extra times on Friday night and the fought her naps Saturday with everything that she had! She lived up to her silly nickname "Crabbygail" on Saturday. Crazy girl! I held her off at bedtime (my art of baby distraction is becoming very refined) until 7:30 pm. Sunday was a little better. She relaxed and slept during church but really fought her nap while we were lunching at Andrew's grandparents. She finally fell asleep but only stayed down for an hour. She still needs two or three naps a day (with about 5 hours sleeping time between them). When we got home she napped after nursing for about 20 minutes. She was still so cranky, so off to bed we went. She slept from 8:00 pm until (ugh!) 5:15 am! I love it that she can sleep that long but 5:15 am is a killer since my alarm goes off at 6 am.

However, I do have good news to report. She is back to her cheerful self today! Since my MIL is away on vacation, I took her to work with me this morning. She has been an absolute angel. She slept for almost two hours (8 am to 10 am) and she just went back down for a nap at 11:30 am. She's still asleep. Perhaps she is making up for the weekend. I don't know! Hopefully she is good for Aunt Jennie this afternoon.

This weekend we are heading off to Hocking Hills State Park for a family reunion (Schechters). I am in the midst of a mental debate over what baby equipment I should bring. I always try to be a minimalist when packing but perhaps I should consider what might make the weekend a little easier on Abigail! We're staying in a cabin with the other new baby in the family so hopefully that will be the quiet cabin so the babies can nap when they need to!

Seriously, naps make my world go round! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jake and I are reading your blog from California this morning and I am glad to hear your pleasant Abigail is back. That is her normal schedule for a Monday and now I think maybe she sleeps so much on Monday because she has been skipping sleep all weekend! I will be checking the blog all week so please keep us up to date.
Miss you,
Susan

Jennifer said...

As you told you earlier, Jacob has been having a rough couple of weeks as well. I now know why--teething AGAIN! He got 3 in at once last time and he's already working on another one. It's possible that's what Abigail is working on (Jacob actually started w/ his first tooth at about 4 months--a little cranky, drooling like mad, and chewing on everything in site). Whatever the problem is, I hope she starts to feel better soon! :)

Anonymous said...

...And just to think, you were considering giving up blogging. I'm glad you didn't do that.

Jenny