Thursday, June 19, 2008

Bathroom Conversations

Scene: Bathroom at Work with preschool kids from summer camp coming in to use the facilities. Abigail is getting a diaper change on the Koala Bear changing station.

Little Girl: Cute Baby!
Me: Thanks!
LG: I have a little baby sister who is younger than your baby.
Me: Oh really? How old is your sister?
LG: 8 months.
Me: Well, this baby is actually 4 months old.
LG: Wow, really? She's huge!
Me: Yes, she's a big baby.
LG: What's her name?
Me: Abigail.
LG: Wow, that's pretty!

I'm taking the "she's huge" comment as a compliment! :) Yes, I'm not sure how we did it but we grew a huge baby and purposefully named her a beautiful name! :)

P.S. We're fighting a diaper rash right now. Any moms out there have any tried and true cures? I've tried several "normal" remedies (desitin) and several "natural" approaches too (cloth diapers and silver) and it seems to be hanging on. This weekend, I'm going to spend a lot of time airing her bottom out. I set up a station last night (trash bag flat with a blanket and towel, just in case) and let her go without a diaper for 30 minutes but it needs to be longer than that. Poor baby. Any advice is welcome!

5 comments:

Happy Working Mom said...

We always use Aquaphor...it does the trick every time! If you want a creamier solution, the pharmacist told me to mix it with plain maalox (this was when she was going to fill a prescription for diaper rash cream for me that would have cost $150...she said the above solution is the same thing!).

Anonymous said...

Maggie had terrible diaper rash as a baby once and we kept her out of a diaper as much as possible and also were supposed to try and get some sun on it! of course that was 25 years ago so that sun thing is probably out of order now...you know I think a little sun will help cure anything :)

Jennifer said...

A&D ointment works really well for us. I've used the Aquaphor on Anna's face when she was teething in the winter and the entire bottom half of her face was basically chapped. So I would think either of those should work really well. Put it on at every, single diaper change.

Jennifer said...

and this is totally off subject, but I realized I didn't comment back about the Ramsey plan. YES! We are on our way to being weird :) It's so hard (esp. when I think about how easy it was to get IN debt!!!), but it will be so good to be rid of it all. Aaron is completely "gazelle intense", working 2 jobs. We're making really good progress. It just feels so good!! Good luck :)

Arielle said...

I have some great salve that a freind makes. It has chamomile and vita e in it. Let me know if you want some.