Sunday, May 18, 2008

Change!

Our little girl is changing. The past few days she has been very cranky (very unusual) and has had evening melt downs (It's not just for Aunt Jennie. She did it again tonight)! We suspect that she may be starting to get some teeth but we're just not sure. I HATE not knowing how to comfort my little girl when she is screaming her head off. She did it tonight but actually calmed down enough to eat before bed. She went to sleep easily but then woke 1/2 hour later (which is unusual). Can I say it again? I really hate not knowing what is going on with her. I felt like we really had the hang of knowing what each cry meant. She usually only cried when she was tired, and occasionally fussed when she was bored or hungry. I don't know what these new screams mean. Andrew and I both think that she is just overly tired, or teething. Can you tell I don't like not knowing?!

She has also started crying/fussing when being given to other people. This started when we flew out to Kansas for the wedding. We just thought she was tired, in a new environment, and overwhelmed by so many people . . . but she is still doing it. This also makes me nervous because I hope she is ok when I leave her for work.

This baby thing is definitely harder than I thought. I'm sure in a few years (maybe months) I can look back on it and laugh, like I can now about the newborn stage. I've been doing a lot of adjusting myself lately. I guess it's just taking some time to figure out how to juggle being mom, wife, employee, housekeeper, friend, keeping up with church activities, and anything else I have forgotten.

Hopefully a good nights rest will do everyone in this house some good!

No comments: