Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Anniversaries

This past weekend was full of anniversaries. First of all, Andrew and I celebrated our 5th anniversary together. We went out to eat on Sunday for lunch to celebrate. It was nice. Sometimes I can't believe that 5 years have gone by and other times, I feel like I have known Andrew for a long time. This was a good reminder of just how blessed I am to have such a wonderful husband. He is loving, patient, kind, very slow to anger, giving, a wonderful provider, and an amazing dad!!

The second anniversary that we celebrated this weekend was yesterday, May 26th, the day that I found out we were expecting Abigail. One year ago, I never knew how my life would be blessed by the addition of this sweet little girl. Since it was just on year ago, I remember so clearly how I felt when I took the test. We were camping in Eastern Ohio and I just had to know as soon as possible so I had brought a test (or two) with me. I took this one in a pit toilet (*lovely*). I also remember the expression on Andrew's face when I called him over to our tent to tell him. I don't think I heard a single word of the sermon that Sunday, as I was busy looking up Biblical names to name our baby! Of course, I thought at first that we were going to have a boy! :) I remember meeting Andrew's eyes several times that day and hardly being able to keep from squeeling with joy! We kept the news a secret for a few weeks and I'm glad we did. I remember with fondness just having that special knowledge between the two of us for a while. It was a day that definitely changed our lives forever!!

Here is a picture Andrew took of sweet Abigail this weekend.

No comments: