Friday, April 18, 2008

We're getting there!

I am all about this: http://thesoftlanding.wordpress.com/. Ever since I learned I was pregnant, I switched to drinking water from glass cups or my new favorite Klean Kanteen (thanks Mom!), which I use every day. I purchased either glass or Born Free bottles for Abigail and use only Medela products when pumping for Abigail (they use only Bisphenal-free plastic). The only exception we have made to this is when it comes to Pacifiers. Abigail has one Pacifier (her favorite) that is made with Latex. We only use it on special occasions (rough nights) and I have been slowly getting her used to sucking on other Pacifiers. They just don't fit her mouth like the latex one does, unfortunately.

I have done a lot of reading lately about the dangers of infants swimming in chlorinated pools. I had heard about this before having a baby but now I'm looking into it more, now that it is almost pool season. I wish we lived closer to a lake or ocean (something natural) for Abigail to play/swim in! I will post some links to this another time. I think occasional swimming would probably be ok but when you think about it, you are really dipping your whole body into chemicals!

She still has a slightly stuffy nose. When she wakes up it is a bit stuffy and then clears up during the day. It seems like she is improving pretty quickly. Poor thing doesn't know what to do when her nose is stuffy when she wakes up. She coughs and sputters around. I am also SO glad that it is the weekend. She has been getting up 2 or 3 times a night all week long and I feel very very tired! I fell asleep feeding her (in the rocking chair) the other night and it was only 8:30 pm!! I think Andrew may use a bottle that I have pumped and take one of the shifts tonight so that I can get a stretch of sleep. We haven't done this yet, in Abigail's short life, so we'll see if it works. I can't wait to play and take care of our babe all weekend!

I felt like I got so much done last weekend and was looking forward to relaxing this weekend. However, I feel like my time has come and I MUST get an Ohio Driver's license soon. Thankfully it has been a while since I have been pulled over but since we are coming up on being Ohio residents for 3 years now, it's time! I might put it off one more weekend!

No comments: