Monday, March 03, 2008

One Month!

Dear Abigail,

It has been one month (and one day) since you were born. I wasn't sure we were going to survive the first week, when the night felt like day, and the day felt like night. I've never truly pulled an all-nighter before you came along! :) We made it through that first week and each day keeps getting better as we get to know you. I cannot believe how blessed we are to have such a sweet daughter like you. My heart melts when I see your sweet smiles early in the morning. You cannot believe the gift you have given us when you started sleeping for 4, then 5, then 6, and last night 6 1/2 hours stretches. That was without much prompting or "scheduling" on our part! Your daddy and I are so excited to see you grow up and get to know you better every day. We named you Abigail, not because of how it sounded (like is popular today), but because of what it meant; "a father's joy". You are a joy to your earthy father and heavenly Father and I pray everyday that we can raise you to continue to be a joy to your heavenly Father and to take joy in Him as well. I never expected the journey to motherhood would be filled with this much love, awe, and wonder. I wouldn't trade a moment for anything.

Love,
Your Mama

No comments: