Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Mock Work Day

I decided last week to have a Mock Work Day, where I could get up at 6:00 am (like I would on a work day), get Abigail ready, fed, etc, and actually leave the house by 7:30 am or so, like I was going to work. Then I would come back here and work in the office just like I would if I were at the church. It all started out when Abigail decided to sleep longer than usual and didn't wake up for her middle of the night feeding until 5:00 am. Well, it took 1/2 hour to feed her so I didn't ever go back to sleep. I "got up" at 6:00 am and took a shower, ate breakfast, got ready, etc. I work up Abigail at 6:45 am for her breakfast. The problem was that I sat down to feed her in the easy chair. We both fell asleep and stayed asleep until 9:30 am! I guess I'm fired! :) Somehow, she needs to wake up earlier in the night so I don't get up for the day at 5:00 am! Anyway, we're still trying to have somewhat of a Mock Work Day by working in the office, just like I would if I had her at work (which I will part-time). So far so good, no screaming. She's currently settling in for a nap in her bouncy seat, which I will take to work with me.

I took some pictures of her early morning smiles a little while ago and wanted to share. I may have gotten a little too close to her face, but they are still cute!


Her famous open mouth smile!

One-eyed smile!

Beautiful Abigail smile!
Oh my heart! :)

Also, I believe she discovered her hands for the first time yesterday. She was sitting in her bouncy seat just staring at her hands. A moment later she was bringing her fist up to her mouth and sucked on it for a while. So cute!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Your mock work day is a great idea! I've not heard of that before. And, of course, little Abigail is as cute as ever!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful smile Abigail has--just like her mommy! Does she know her ABCs yet?

Love,
Grandma RoAnn