Saturday, March 22, 2008

7 weeks

Abigail is officially 7 weeks old! I'm not sure if it is due to our scheduling (we really just feed her every 3 hours) or whether she is just a good baby, but for the most part she really sleeps very well! Last night she slept for two 5 hours stretches! That was a first! She actually went to sleep about 9:30 pm last night.

Naps are another matter. She isn't a huge fan of naps unless she is in the car, in her stroller, or in her bouncy seat (and sometimes she fights it then too). I think she is a social baby and doesn't want to miss out on anything!

Yesterday I left Abigail with her daddy while I went to my 6 week midwife appointment. They did great together and Andrew said that Abigail took the bottle very easily. I'm so thankful for that. I'm still not sure how much she is supposed to be eating at every feeding (I just let her go until she stops) so we'll have to experiment with that. I also left the two of them together today while I went grocery shopping. I was so excited to be able to fill my cart full without having to worry about a car seat or Abigail in her sling.

We interviewed a babysitter for Abigail yesterday. I'm very excited about Abigail staying with her for 1 1/2 days a week. I think that being with me or Grandma Susan is best for Abigail, but this lady has had 8 kids of her own and was really wonderful with Abigail. Her kids go to the preschool where I work, which is also handy. We're still working out the details but it looks like it is going to work out. Also she lives about 1 minute from where I work, so I will be able to go over and breastfeed Abigail during the day! :)

Sorry, we don't have any more pictures to put on here. We need to take one today on her 7 week birthday. I'm sure we'll have lots of lovely Easter pictures to share!

I continue to fall more and more in love with my daughter every day. She is such a joy and I can't wait to see the person she becomes!

No comments: