Monday, March 19, 2007

We're moved in!

We are officially living in our new house. I also started the South Beach diet (again) today, and so far it is going great. I had a few cravings at lunch, but they were easily quelled by some delicious soup. It really helps me to have the meals planned out for the whole week, so I don't panic and eat something I shouldn't. I'm going to try and post a few pictures on here now.


Our young marrieds small group from our church. The boys surprized us with a fun and fancy "night out" last Friday. We even had a stretch SUV limo!


Our new bedroom. Don't worry, it's much messier now!


Our messy kitchen. I'm still sorting and unpacking, although we can pull one car into the garage now.




Andrew's office. I'll try to get another picture later with the computer and chair.

5 comments:

D said...

I love the lights in the kitchen and, of course, the all important Linksys Wireless Router. (You're not still on B, are you, Andrew?)

Anonymous said...

Oh Dorinda, "B" is so 4 years ago. :) I will have the G wireless variant in place (although I was thinking about N) and I should be able to get a Gigabit network going with my CAT6/5E cable everywhere.

Anonymous said...

what kind of good soup did you have? I am getting very tired of my grilled chicken and asparagus diet :)
I can't think of anything to cook so I eat that , cheese sticks and scrambled eggs, carol

Unknown said...

Carol, I will try to post a few of our recipes for this week on here, so you can experience more variety. The soup is a creamy tomato. I made it with low fat milk. The only questionable item in the soup is a teaspoon of sugar (probably could be left out). We had an extremely good meal last night with steak (Andrew cooked them to perfection) and roasted veggies. My favorite salad is this:

Greens of your choice (usually romaine)
chopped onion and tomato
sunflower nuts
light sprinkle of feta cheese
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons olive oil

I LOVE this salad! I took out the sugar in the dressing and it is still delicious. I brought it to work today with the dressing separate, so it doesn't get soggy! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Ooooo, so fun to see your house. Post more pics!! And I'm lovin' all the color on the walls :) So fun and I'm so excited for you guys!