Thursday, January 04, 2007

I'm a big talker!

So, those of you who know me well, know that I like to talk big, but I'm rarely able to physically do everything that I would really like. To make a very long story short, we had a problem installing our garage door yesterday. To simplify: There was some concrete in the way. I decided to take it upon myself last night, with the use of my father-in-law's concrete chisel, to chip away the section that needed to be fixed. So, I probably spent and hour or so, pounding and chiseling my way through this concrete. I was able to get a large section of it removed, but I couldn't do it all (so we're having a guy with a saw come and fix it tomorrow). Anyway . . . at 2:16 am, I woke up with a horrible ache in both of my arms, mainly my hands and forearms. My body does not respond well to pain and this was so bad, I actually thought I might lose my lunch. Instead, I just went downstairs, took three asprin, and drank a glass of water. I headed back to bed and just lay with my hands perfectly still and the aching got a little better. So, I pretty much caused this pain with all of the hammering and chiseling I did during the evening hours. It feels better this morning, although I still feel a few twinges! Ouch!

In other news: I wired my first outlet last night, and it worked! I'm so happy to be able to help Andrew out!! Andrew also got two circuits hooked up in the house. So now, we can walk down our basement stairs and flip a light on, instead of having to plug everything in to an extension cord run from our temp pole! Yeah! I'll post pictures soon!!

No comments: