Monday, August 14, 2006

We're Home

We made it home last night around 11:15 pm. Thanks to Maggie who picked us up from the bus stop downtown. The whole trip was very interesting. It got started by Andrew being pulled over about 15 miles down the road. He didn't get a ticket, thankfully! The bus ride home was very interesting as well. It felt just like choir tour. The bus was very similar to the Sterling College bus. The only difference was that we didn't know anyone else on the bus! We ran into some bad traffic coming from Minneapolis to Chicago so our bus was an hour late getting into Chicago!! The bus driver of our bus called ahead and they held our second bus for us! Needless to say, we got some dirty looks while we were loading that bus. I would imagine feeling the same way but nothing could be done to help the situation!!

Well, the house project continues to trudge along. We are now working on getting the septic plan changed and reapproved by the county. By the time we get all the permits done and everything, I am thinking it will be mid-September now. I don't want to build in the cold and snow! :( Anyway, this is teaching me a great deal about patience and trust. I would never have chosen this path to getting a house of my own (again) but I have to trust that it is the best option for us!

No comments: