Monday, August 28, 2006

Pants, Permits, and . . . Umm, Construction?

Pants: I bought myself a new pair of pants last week and decided to wear them today. I must have been bloated or something when I tried them on, because they are HUGE. And, don't ask . . . I haven't lost weight.
Permits: Our Building Permit is still in the works. I called to check on it today and I worked out a few kinks. Who knows what is to come, however? The water department was trying to charge us $3775 water permit fee! Yikes! Anyway, since our water account is active (I've been paying a $5 water bill for a few months), I told them about it. The lady checked on it for me and the water permit was paid in 1980. So . . . . "Dear Old Guy in 1980, Thanks for paying for my expensive water permit before I was even born. I appreciate it!"
Construction: We had a meeting with our building consultant today and guess what . . . he thinks we may have framing, roofing, etc done by the middle of October!!!!! This isn't me talking, folks, it is the expert in the situation. Anyway, we have another meeting on Friday with our consultant and a guy from superior walls, the people who are going to build us a beautiful foundation (as well as some to-do's before then). Hopefully our permits will be done by then, and we can schedule a time to dig a basement!! :)

No comments: