Wednesday, August 23, 2006

End of the tunnel (or beginning)!

Are we getting close to beginning the actual construction? I think so (although, I've been wrong before). Here are events that lead me to believe and hope we are getting close.
Friday, August 25th, 2006: Closing with the Bank (our construction loan will be in place and ready for us to take a draw).
Monday, August 28th, 2006: Our first officially construction planning meeting with UBI. They will give me this beautiful organized book of people's names I can call to hire for our house.
Tuesday, August 29th, 2006: This is when the county said our building permit would be ready!!
I don't think anything else standing in our way of hiring an excavator to dig the basement and septic system. My prediction is that we will be digging a basement by September 11th. Anyone else want to predict?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting...I know you have worked so hard to get everything done!