Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Prayer Cards

When I was young one things I always remember seeing in my house was my mom's prayer cards. I'm not sure if that is what they should be called. They had Bible verses and sayings on them to encourage her throughout the day. She kept them over the sink where she washed dishes. This morning as I was making my turkey bacon and eggs, here at Snugharbor, I noticed that Andrew's grandma has the same sort of cards above her kitchen sink to read and think about as she washes dishes. It reminded me of home. I hope that my kids will remember how I kept those same cards in my window, one day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jaime, I love those cards too! Sometimes Mom would put them on the table and have me pick one and read it out loud. I always felt special doing that and when I see (and hear about!) those cards I think of home and love and God. Thank you for sharing that - what a great thought to start my day. I also wanted to say thanks for keeping up with your blog (I need to email Dad and ask him to keep up with his too!). I love reading what is going on there and with your life - you make me feel like I am wherever you are doing what you are doing and I really like that (even if you are feeling sad or frustrated with some situation). Anyway - THANKS!!! And now, a question - any word on Susan, Wayne and the Hope Choir? You are all faithfully in my prayers...by the way (yes, one more question), which Mitford book are you on now or are you reading something else? Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading it also and I am close (geographically)!
You are welcome to try one of my exercise classses anytime( to go with the turkey bacon :)
Carol