Sunday, November 06, 2005

Ohio Job Interview

Ok, Andrew told me that I would be allowed to post this on Sunday. It is now 7:40 p.m. on Sunday so I guess I can post about this now. Andrew flew to Ohio on Saturday to go to a job interview. He met with a guy at the company today and will have a more official interview tomorrow. Things have gone well so far. This is a computer company that works with all sorts of aspects of computers, from websites to hardware. This definitely means that if he gets the job that we won't be opening the restaurant. Now, I know that many of you felt like that was an unreachable dream. Perhaps it would be a stretch for us to do that, since we had no prior experience but that is part of the attraction (young, energetic, and eager to learn). I firmly believe that if I am following God's will, He can use me for whatever He wants me to, even if it seems out of reach by others. Anyway, I got a bit off subject. It sounds as if this job will be a good one.

If Andrew gets the job: I still have mixed feelings about moving but I also have mixed feelings about staying. I realized long ago that I can't always follow my feelings. Anyway, I will miss the college, concerts, shows, sports events, my dear friends I work with. I will miss being near my family. I will miss being able to walk down the street after dark and know that I am safe! Anyway, I know that there are many positives to moving as well.

Well, I am beginning to ramble. Also, I am writing this after crying through a two hour episode of the best Extreme Makeover: Home Edition that I think I have ever seen (others have come close). Anyway, now you all know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too cried through that episode of extreme makeover. I really cried when I saw the monument for the brother that died. How sad was that?
I was reading the other comments on this blog...a volunteer symphony orchestra sounds fun! Maybe I'll move up there too and join. I've been itching to play my violin again. Good luck on the move. I think it will be a good thing for you to get out of Kansas for a while, but it will be strange to have both you AND Jenny so far away.