Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Opposites

Andrew only cries in public.
I can only cry in private (as a general rule, and then when I do cry, A LOT. . . in private).

My day was rather hectic and annoying with things going on that were annoying, of which I can't post here. It made it a bit easier to leave. Andrew cried as he walked out to the car. I couldn't cry until I got in the car. What is wrong with this picture? :) I am beginning to get excited about what the future holds. I know that we will make new friends in Ohio and we will keep in contact with the ones here. I just hope the transition goes smoothly. The Myers' grandparents are really welcoming us into their home and are doing wonderful things to make us feel welcome (like encouraging us to set up our own bed in their guest room). I am grateful that we have a place to stay when we get there!

We are getting our truck tomorrow morning and we are loading tomorrow late morning. I can't wait to get some of these boxes out of here! Our dining room looks like a box jungle and there is just a little path for us to walk through. We will have Thanksgiving in Downs with the Walter family, then on to the airport to pick up Jennie.

Well, I'd better go check on supper.

3 comments:

Anna said...

Jaime,
Moving's so hard! It's so hard to keep in contact with people and still feel open and allowed to make new friends...I definitely know about transitions! You are in my prayers, my dear. Grace to you - Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful for you!

Anonymous said...

I think living in Ohio will be good for you. It's not like moving to germany or something like that. My best friend did that a few years ago and we still keep in weekly contact via e-mail. So don't worry too much about losing touch with people.
Yes, I want a puppy very badly. Matt will be doing his pharmacy rotations starting this summer and somehow, I feel that I'm going to start getting sort of lonely. A puppy would be perfect.

Unknown said...

Wow, thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. It was so hard today because we said goodbye to my grandparents who won't be able to come on Friday, due to a funeral.

Anna, you are definitely my hero. I admire how you follow God and serve Him even if it means getting out of your comfort zone.

Grandpa Todd, I grew up in a house very similar to what you described so that will make me feel even more at home.

Laura, yes I think you would love a dog. Dewey is currently napping with me on the bed since Andrew is out, again, playing games with his friends. He is so cuddly. We have definitely made him into a lap dog!