Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Know-It-All

I just must share with you my experiences. These happen fairly frequently. This just goes to show you the differences between well-bred homeschooled kid and the hard-working farm girl.

Tonight:
I see a jean's commercial on TV and just polietly ask to no one in particular, "I wonder where jean's originated." Andrew pipes up and says, "Oh they were popularized in America during the Gold Rush." I, of course, look at him like he is crazy, give him the evil eye, and proceed to the computer to look it up. He was right, of course and to make matters worse Andrew tends to giggle when he makes these smarty-pants remarks.

Several Months ago:
My husband was watching a program on HGTV about different house building techniques. One of the builders was describing a particular kind of screw. They were beginning to explain the whole use for the screw but had not mentioned the name yet when Andrew said, "Oh, that is an Archemedian Screw and it does blah blah blah blah!

I do tries each and every day to get my smarts but me's seems to always fail! :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make Andrew sound way too good...I'll have to try and bring him back down to reality when he moves back!: )

Unknown said...

Yes, I would welcome any help in that department! :)