Saturday, May 05, 2012

Birthday and week recap!

We had a pretty uneventful week. Just the usual kids activities, cleaning cooking, except . . . I turned 30! Andrew had a lovely night planned on Tuesday. He invited a bunch of my friends to a pottery place close by and we all painted a piece of pottery and chatted. It was so much fun. Andrew had bought and set up snacks there and paid some of the fees associated with doing the pottery. He also asked his sister to make cupcakes (ha!), which were very yummy! It was a very fun time and so sweet of him to plan that for me.

On Thursday, my actual birthday, he took me out to the Melting Pot for some delicious fondue. I love eating here because it isn't just a plate of food delivered to your table but a whole long process of eating slowly and having time to talk and connect, not something we do often. It took us two hours but it was worth ever single minute. A wonderful birthday memory for me.

Then today Andrew and I headed down to the Playhouse in the Park for Thunder Knocking on the Door, a rock-musical of sorts. It was a very good show and we had fun getting out again.

This week will be spent preparing for Noah's party on Friday. Can't believe he's almost a year. More on that later, I'm sure!!

No comments: