Saturday, November 26, 2005

We're Here!

We made it to Ohio thanks to many people who helped us pack and unpack, as well as Jennie who flew to Kansas to help drive with me out here. Poor Andrew had to drive the Budget truck all by himself the whole way, since the passenger side seat was full of stuff. We were packed to the gills and left several things in Sterling (picnic table, grill, bikes). We will get it at Christmas time. We are going to have to rent a trailer for our car. Good thing we get 10% of our next Budget rental. Dewey is a bit confused at all the goings on but enjoyed the company of lots of people tonight (which he likes). He was fairly calm, of which, I was grateful. Andrew started on his Master's degree yesterday and did his first assignment today. I think it will take some adjustment for us to get used to not seeing each other as much. At Sterling we could just visit each other's offices any time, and we had lunch break together as well as evenings (that was good and bad at times). We will work separate places and be doing different things here. I saw some good possibilities for jobs in the newspaper today so I will busy myself on Monday applying to these places. Many of them require you to apply in person. I think we are planning on visiting Grace Chapel in the mornings and see how we like it. I couldn't find a Sunday School time on their website so we will just go to the service. I'd better head off to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it there in one piece! I think you will be adjusted to the move in no time. It's hard to believe that you are in Ohio now and not Kansas! Maybe I'm the one who needs to do some adjusting!