Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Puppies

You know, puppies are funny things. We recently got one. The first few weeks were very weird. It was like we had a new baby in the family. We hardly did anything or went anywhere, except to the vet. We had to watch him every second he was out so that he didn't pee on the carpet, or poop. Well, we have had him for about six weeks now and things are looking up. I finally got around to doing a Pilates workout last night, the first time in six weeks (whew that hurt). It is amazing what we sacrifice for our animals. This morning while I was attempting to clean up the kitchen, the poor little pup was whining and trying to get out of our little pen. He was acting funny but for a moment I thought I would just ignore him and keep cleaning the sink. Big mistake! My poor pup was trying to tell me that he had to poop in the worst way. I wasn't paying attention so the little one just crouched under the kitchen table and pooped! At first I was upset, thinking, surely he knows better, but then I thought back to earlier events. He had motioned to the door (even going to far as to jump up on the door), I had hurried him up outside earlier so he didn't have a chance to go, and he was also whining which he doesn't do much inside the house, unless he is in his crate. So, it was my fault. I guess I shouldn't be quite so confident in my puppy being able to hold it, yet!

No comments: