Friday, October 07, 2011

Food Blogging Friday - Smashed Sweet Potatoes with Honey

This is a recipe that I got from Rachael Ray. It's definitely yummy!

Take sweet potatoes. Wash, Peel, and Cube them.


Boil 'em. :)


Return them to the pot and mash with chicken stock, honey, orange juice. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg.

Sorry I forgot to take a finished picture. Ah! I'm so bad at this photography stuff.

Anyway, these are a healthy and delicious side to add to any meal.



Smashed Sweet Potatoes with Honey
Rachael Ray
  • 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
  • 1 cup chicken stock
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • Juice of 1 orange
  • Salt and pepper
  • Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
Boil the potatoes until tender; drain and return them to the hot pot. Mash with the chicken stock, honey and lemon juice and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg, to taste.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made this recipe a few days ago. Very yummy! At least, I liked them. The guys ate them but didn't comment. I used my own chicken stock. For the orange juice, I used a tablespoon of frozen concentrate. Thanks for the recipe. I'll make these sweet potatoes again.

Love, Mom