Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sisters!

I still cannot believe that we're having a girl. I just seriously thought that with all the differences in the pregnancy, that this would be a boy. The "telling shot" of her was very clear because she was head-up and the technician got a picture of her "sitting" on the little wand they use. I could see the girly parts before the lady said anything (of course, I wasn't sure).

I am also very thankful that she said everything else looked wonderful! She couldn't get a full-profile shot because of how the baby was laying, or technically, sitting in my tummy but she did get a full-face shot, foot, and the girly parts picture.

I went through about 5 minutes of shock over how Abigail wasn't going to be my little baby girl anymore (I could have still pretended if we were having a boy) but then I just felt very happy. I love having a sister and I loved being relatively close to her in age, so I am happy for my girls!

I did have the wild and crazy thought that we need to keep working hard on our finances because we're going to have at least two weddings to pay for now (of course, that is if they choose to get married. They don't have to).

I guess that's all the thoughts I want to record on that today.

Andrew continues to make very small improvements each day. It is amazing to see how big a difference the chair he is in makes. We waited about 1 hr and 15 min for the ultrasound and those chairs were rock hard. I could tell he was in some pain by the end of that wait and he was pretty slow moving going back to the ultrasound room. Once we got back there, he has a much nicer chair and during my midwife appointment, he had a recliner! :)

He is able to do more things for himself around the house now (wash his hair, get in and out of the shower by himself, tie his shoes, etc) and he even took the dog out this morning so I feel a bit more caught up on things. Last night I actually completed my to-do list for the day. Here is what I did:

Kitchen Clean (I set the timer for 10 minutes, after Abigail is in bed, and I usually can unload and reload the dishwasher, wipe the counters, clean the highchair and table, and occasionally sweep the floor in that time).

Laundry

Bathroom Clean (Again, a 10 minute timer. I got the toilet, sink, countertop, and mirror cleaned in the downstairs bathroom).

Trash (I took the trash to the curb by myself. I had to drag the wagon down there 3x but I got it done).

Mowing (I didn't finish the yard but got to where I can finish in about 30 minutes tonight).

I was so tired after supper but I just made myself get up and do one thing and by the time I finished the kitchen, I had a second wind.

No comments: