Friday, May 15, 2009

The sweetest sound!

Today I got to hear the sweetest sound in the world . . . my baby's heartbeat for the first time. I remember hearing Abigail's and it truly is the most beautiful sound ever. I can't help but smile when I hear it. Other than that, my midwife appointment was pretty straight forward. She told me that at my next appointment (June 9) we can do an ultrasound to tell the gender! Yeah! After that . . . either let the shopping or the laundry begin! If it's a girl - Abigail's old clothes have been sitting in a dusty storage area all this time and really aren't sorted well, so I would have my work cut out for me.

By the way, the baby's heartbeat was a litte slower than Abigail's at that appointment. The midwife said, "sounds like it's a boy". Ha! We'll see.

I just want to take this opportunity to thank some very special people. I'm glad no one is around (Abigail is napping) because thinking of this makes my pregnant self cry!

Andrew and I are so amazing blessed to have two sets of fabulous parents. I have no idea where we would be without them.

So . . .

Mom and Dad, thanks so much for all you are doing to help us out with our "renter" situation. From being our advocates with lawyers, meeting our renters, and just being there for advice and support has meant so much to us. I am so thankful for you! I would probably still be "unpaid" and feeling guilty for every demand I made if it weren't for you guys and your encouragement and support.

Wayne and Susan, thanks so much for your willingness to always lend a hand and keep Abigail for me! It was so nice to go to my appointment this morning without having to worry about dragging her along, missing naps, bringing food, keeping her quiet in the office, etc. Hopefully we can train her up to be a great tea room worker, so she can help you out soon! Ha! Thanks for all the food you make us. It is such a blessing for me right now not to have to cook every night and worry about all the dishes! These things are such a blessing to me. I'm so thankful for you too!

Seriously, what would I do without these parents and in-laws of mine?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Jaime. We appreciate being appreciated. Wish we lived closer so we could "help" you more often. We're so thankful you have such super, loving family support there.

About the baby: can you imagine how small that beating heart is! Truly awesome!

Love, Mom