Saturday, November 15, 2008

All I want for Christmas

Andrew and I have decided (and done this many times in the past) to not get each other gifts for Christmas. We'd rather give each other the gift of not spending money, so that's what we're doing. It's no big deal to us. However, I do like to think about gifts I can give him that are free. He loves back rubs, back scratches, certain meals (corn chowder), nights with the guys, etc. I love making coupons and giving those as gifts. I think they are thoughtful yet inexpensive.

So . . .

If any of you happen to talk to my husband, you could let him in on a little secret. All I want for Christmas is . . . a clean house! Seriously, I feel like I fight this all the time. I work and work and don't get very far with my house. The main reason is that when I do have the time to clean (on Fridays & Saturdays) I am also dealing with a little person who has a very short attention span and nap period. I can do things that take 10 minutes but I can't, say . . . move furniture, sweep, and then mop the floor. It has been so long since that's been done. I swiffer often, since that takes 10 minutes.

Folks, I'm not asking my husband to clean because I want a deep clean and I want it done a certain way. All I'm asking for is an hour or two of uninterrupted time at home to clean. For this gift to come from him would mean so much! I feel like the last time my house was clean was when Abigail was born and we had the best gift given to us in the world by Susan (mother-in-law), Maggie (cousin-in-law), and Anne (aunt-in-law), when they cleaned our whole house. I hope I didn't leave anyone out in that list! Let me know if I did.

If I have another baby, will you guys come clean my house again? Hmm, it might be worth that! Ha ha ha ha ha!

Andrew does read this blog, occasionally, by the way. So I will admit that I'm putting in a shameless plug for what I want. :)

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Awwww, I've asked for the same thing.

David and I do not exchange gifts on Christmas. We focus on the children. Even at that...we only do three gifts to represent the three gifts the wisemen brought to Jesus when he was born. One larger gift and two smaller.

D said...

I saw your title, Jaime, and thought you were referring to the GFA Christmas Catalog! "All I want for Christmas is Water Buffalo" is one of the tag lines we've been using. :) But I agree with your Christmas wish too. If I was any closer, I'd come help you clean. :)

Blessed said...

this would be an awesome Christmas present... I hope you get it!

Anonymous said...

I feel like Wayne pushing babies, but yes, we will come and clean your house again when you have another baby. I agree with your gift; that is what I would like also. A clean and decluttered house!

Unknown said...

Good thing Wayne doesn't read this often. He'd be at our house cleaning right now to get me to have another baby. :)