Monday, July 07, 2008

My Hope

You are righteous
You love justice
and those who honor You
will see Your face.
I will arise
And lift my eyes to see
Your majesty, Your holiness
And all I am will bless You.
My hope is in the name of the Lord,
Where my help comes from.
Your my strength, my song.
My trust is in the name of the Lord.
I will sing your praise,
you are faithful.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Above are the lyrics to one of my new favorite songs. It has just really spoken to my heart recently. I especially love the line that says, "Your my strength, my song." I feel like as a new mom that I need a lot of strength and singing lately! I am so blessed today that I know where my strength comes from!
------------------------------------------------------------------
Abigail's sleep continues to improve. Sometimes we have nights where she still wakes twice but she seems much more comfortable than before. She was awake only once last night. She is back to her old self (from 8 weeks to 4 months) when it comes to bedtime. She has been SO fussy the last few weeks when it came to bedtime but last night, I actually laid her in her crib and she fell asleep . . . . no crying, no screaming and NO PACIFIER! I couldn't believe it! She struggled with naps yesterday but we kept running her around and not letting her sleep the way she likes so I don't blame her for being a little cranky!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I have been thinking about this whole clothes/fashion thing lately. It's not as if I can't dress myself, it just seems like such an effort right now, taking up my energy, time, and money when I don't have extra of any of those things! I have been reading on Proverbs 31 a lot lately and these verses have meant a lot to me. I want to be beautiful without having my whole life focused on the things this world considers beautiful. I don't want to be frumpy or a martyr (at all). So finding that balance is my challenge!
----------------------------------------------------------------
Prov 31: 25, 26, 27 - She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Prov 31:30 - Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm NOT a new mom, and I regularly need strength and singing.


I just wanted to say thanks so much for stopping by my blog; not sure how you found me, but I've always enjoyed SMB. I'll be doing the song-game-whatever every week now, so please.. come back!


as for the fashion thoughts... I will say this. every stage of life is a transition of finding where you stand based on what you were, who you ARE, and who you want TO BE. you could run yourself ragged trying to constantly match your clothes to your personality... and in MY opinion... since personality speaks FAR louder than the clothes a person wears... I'd just keep on singing and know in your heart you will be seen the way you are inside.

Jenna said...

You're thinking about all the right things! Beautiful lyrics.