Monday, November 27, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's been so long since I've posted. I can't believe that I actually let it go a week without writing anything. I think that's been the longest break thus far! I hopefully won't do that again! Anyway, we're moving forward with the house. Andrew has one major project left with the electric and we'll be ready for inspection. We're having the insulation guys out tomorrow to do firestopping (plugging up all the holes in the walls with caulk to prevent fire from spreading . . . heaven forbid if ever a fire). We are planning on calling in for our framing inspection (this is the big one, folks) on Thursday. I hoping that we can both meet the inspector out there. It's pretty rare (I've heard) to pass this inspection the first time (not to mention passing the electrical inspection), so let's hope and pray that we won't have much to fix! If we don't pass, we'll be pushing the insulation and drywall back a bit. I'm so ready to be painting and well . . . moving in!!! I still haven't decided on all the colors yet (umm, help!!!). Our major deadline now, is Andrew's schoolwork resuming in January. I don't want him to be working on the trim, cabinets, or hardwood floors (as he says he's doing) when he needs to be studying.

We had a calm and relaxing Thanksgiving here. Andrew and I were able to "escape" down to Shaker Village for a night on Friday night. Andrew had been wanting to go for his birthday, so . . . we used his birthday money to pay for the trip. It was so nice to just get away from everything for a night. He can play a mean game of checkers! I almost had him beat for a while (because I'm sneaky) but he beat me in the end. It was so fun and relaxing just to do something else than talk about the house and make those kind of heavy decisions with him!!

I'll keep you updated on the inspection, etc. I'm so hoping that we pass and are drywalling by next weekend!!

No comments: