Wednesday, November 29, 2006
Monday, November 27, 2006
We had a calm and relaxing Thanksgiving here. Andrew and I were able to "escape" down to Shaker Village for a night on Friday night. Andrew had been wanting to go for his birthday, so . . . we used his birthday money to pay for the trip. It was so nice to just get away from everything for a night. He can play a mean game of checkers! I almost had him beat for a while (because I'm sneaky) but he beat me in the end. It was so fun and relaxing just to do something else than talk about the house and make those kind of heavy decisions with him!!
I'll keep you updated on the inspection, etc. I'm so hoping that we pass and are drywalling by next weekend!!
Monday, November 20, 2006
We've finally set a bit of a deadline for the electric to be finished. We're hoping to have our framing inspection on November 28th!! It's not set in stone but we're hoping for that date! After that, we can proceed with the insulation, drywall, and finish carpentry!!
Sunday, November 19, 2006
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
The siding is mostly up on the house and I promise pictures sometime soon. I bought batteries today, so my camera will be functioning soon. I am so pleased that I learned how to do something useful at the house. I'm shimming the windows myself.
Also, my good friend, Connie, and two of her friends, are coming to stay this weekend. They are actually here to attend a youth gathering in Cincinnati. Should be fun, folks!
Friday, November 10, 2006
I received a call, the other day, from the May Festival Manager. They are opening up one concert in January, this year, to any former singers, if they want to return. I really wanted to do it, because of the music and it's just fun to be around good musicians, but Andrew convinced me (or made me think) that I would be completely stressed and busy if I did that. I would drive down to practice on every Tuesday night (minus the holidays) until the end of January. As much as I really want to do it, I just have to think that I'll do it again when I'm not so busy.
I started seeing a chiropractor this week. I had a stiff neck that wouldn't go away for almost a month. She found that almost my entire neck was out of whack (my term not hers) and the natural curve supposed to be in my neck was gone. So, after receiving my first adjustment yesterday, I'm here at work, trying my best to use the proper posture she told me too. I never thought I had that bad of posture before, but I guess so. I also realize that if I'm ever using my mouse at work, I have to really slump over and lean forward to use it! My keyboard is on a pull-out thing but my mouse is not. I tried moving it this morning, so we'll see if that helps.
Ok, all for now! I've got to get to work on the newsletter!
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
The siding guy is working today. I'll take some pictures tonight, if there is anything to see. He says that it should only take him one week to finish, so we'll see. I bought a kitchen sink and bathtub/shower faucet yesterday. I ended up with a cast iron sink because the other ones felt way to cheap!
Well, that's about all for now. We're just plugging away on the electric, cleaning things up, and moving forward on things. I'm hoping we can have drywall in by/around the 17th of November. I'd like it in before Thanksgiving anyway. All for now!
Tuesday, November 07, 2006
We received our car title yesterday!! Yeah!! I am headed to Middletown today at lunch to sign the title over to an Ohio one and get the plates. And again I say . . . yeah! I also have a chiropractor appointment at 6:00 pm tonight. My neck has been out for a long time. We get 12 "free" visits per year. Since there are only two months left in the year, I figured I'd be under that number.
After my lessons last night, I "drove" the Oldsmobile to a mechanics in Fairfield to be checked out today. I liked going down the hills because then the car would make it above 30 miles per hour. I think I pulled over about three times to let people pass. It wasn't too bad. Jennie came and picked me up (thank you Jennie!!) since Andrew was at work last night until 10:30 pm! I couldn't sleep, so I enjoyed a very funny "Whose Line" rerun. The mechanics are just checking out the problem, then we will decide whether or not it is worth the money to fix it. Unfortunately, I left my cell phone at home this morning (charging) and so I don't know if they called me yet or not. Thankfully, Susan (my m-i-l) works about 2 miles from me and she is bringing my phone over. I'll pick it up mid morning when I go to Middletown for the car tags. It'll be so nice to have our cars back again.
Andrew continues to work on the electric and says he'll be close to finished this weekend. Also, the siding guy starts this morning. Andrew met him before work. It should look MUCH different by the end of the week. I'm so excited!! I'll post lots of pictures when things look differently.
Don't worry, Mom . . . . I'm also going to vote at lunch today.
Thursday, November 02, 2006
1. Who was your best friend(s) in high school? Marie Chesbro
2. What sports did you play in high school? Tennis
3. What kind of car did you drive? 1991 Buick LeSabre (we called it Big Red)
4. It's Friday night, where were you? Probably at a sporting event (watching my sister)
5. Were you a party animal? . . . umm no
6. Were you considered a flirt? I don't think so . . . although that's where I first learned! :)
7. Ever skip school? Well, once I had a little "disagreement" with my PE teacher and went to the principal's office (I was friends with her daughters) and we just sat and chatted since it was the last day of school. I also "skipped" choir class once and this same principal wrote me an excused note! :)
8. Were you a nerd? Only a music nerd, not a book nerd
9. Did you get suspended/expelled? Definitely not! I followed all rules!
10. Can you sing the fight song? I don't think it has words
11. Who was your favorite teacher? Ms. Bennington (for letting us watch SO many movies), Mrs. Richardson (for letting me cook and sew during school), and Mrs. Suiter (for letting us read our library books and eat Peanut Butter M&M's everyday during spanish class . . . guess that's why I don't know ANY spanish).
12. Favorite Class? History, or English
13. What was your school's full name? St. John High School
14. School Mascot? Tiger
15. Did you go to Prom? Yeah!
16. If you could go back and do it over, would you? Try harder in Math class
17. What do you remember most about graduation? It was so quick and I had to pray infront of quite a few people!!
18. Favorite memory of your senior year? The musical
19. Where were you on senior skip day? There was no such thing.
20. Did you have a job your senior year? No, besides helping out on the farm. I worked at the bank, after I graduated.
21. Where did you go most often for lunch? Home or The Ruby Slipper
22. What did you do after graduation? Went to Sterling College
23. When did you graduate? 2000
24. Who was your senior prom date? Matt Fox
25. Are you going to your ten year reunion? If someone organizes one.
26. Who was your home room teacher? I don't remember having home room. We were so small, I don't think it was needed. Don't remember.
27. Who will repost this after you? I HOPE everyone does!
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
The sweet girl, Ellie, in my Sunday school class, is having her third open heart surgery this morning at 9:00 am. They have amazing technology these days and her parents have a website where they update every so often. If you are interested in reading it and praying for her can email me at email@example.com but I can only invite people to it through email.