Tuesday, October 31, 2006
1. YOUR DRAG QUEEN/KING NAME: (first pet & current street/road name)
2. YOUR GANGSTA NAME: (favorite ice cream flavor & favorite cookie)
Toffee Chip Ginger Snap
3. YOUR "SOOPER FLY" NAME: (first initial of first name, first three letters of your last name)
4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal)
5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born)
6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first name, last 3 letters of mom's maiden name)
7. SUPERHERO NAME: (2nd favorite color, favorite drink put "The")
The Purple Vanilla Soda
8. NASCAR NAME: (the first names of your grandfathers)
9. STRIPPER NAME: (the name of your favorite perfume/cologne)
10.WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (grandmother & grandfather's middle name)
Sunday, October 29, 2006
Our siding guy was pushed back another week, due to rain delays. That's fine since it is giving Andrew an opportunity to recover and finish this class he is in, while working slowly on the electric. He is also going to have to fix the stairs (they don't fit but were build to plan, we're not sure what happened) and frame in one more door upstairs to some attic space. I don't think we'll be in by Christmas now, but that's ok. I appreciate all the money we're saving by him doing the work.
I taught Sunday School this morning. It was a little tiring as I had to put my one sweet heart in time-out FOUR times! The lady who helped me, told me I did a great job with this girl, after the hour was over, even though I didn't feel things went well.
Well, that's it for now. I'm off to enjoy the last few remaining hours of the weekend!!
Thursday, October 26, 2006
The back of the house.
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
However . . . . . I have felt lately that some people would prefer us to live Kansas. Many times this idea hurts my feelings. I feel as if I have sacrificed living far away from my family, and that is not appreciated. It also makes me feel as if I am not well liked (worst feeling ever). Anyway, this idea kept me up a little bit last night. I also do like it here! I love our church and the caring community there. I love my Sunday school kids and my fellow teachers. I love my job and the people here. I love our new house and the location. I love the "build-in" family that Andrew's family has provided for us. This is a good "country in or close to the city" type of area. I am able to take advantage of things, such as May Festival, while still driving by farms every day. Anyway, moving on . . .
The roof on our house is being finished today. My past two day's lunch breaks have been spent driving to the roofing distributor (down in Lockland) to pick up extra supplies and also PAY for them. Argh! I'm sick of spending money even though I know it is on a fabulous new house. Anyway, today, I drove down, picked up ridge caps, drove up to our house, dropped them off, and made it back to work, all in about 1 hour and 20 minutes. I owe the church a little make up time. Andrew should be able to start working on the electric work, as soon as his class slows down a bit. He's got a final test, a final paper, and a power point presentation due soon. I'm trying to be patient. The siding guy is scheduled to start next Monday. I'm now hoping for drywall around the 17th of November. We're also contemplating installing the insulation ourselves, to save money . . . of course. I should have time to post lots more fun pictures tonight, if I think of it. I'm really enjoying this lull in the house building. I can't imagine what I'll feel like when it's all done and I don't have to deal with it anymore!! Yeah! I planted some bulbs (by the mailbox) and a bag of grass seed this past weekend. Just in time, as I think the first hard frost hit this morning.
I have also developed a new reaction to stress. My normal reaction to stress: weight gain and yes, I know it is from eating too much. Now, I have discovered that I have an eyebrow twitch above each eye. For a while I thought it might be my diet (which has been so incredibly terribly bad bad bad) but recently I've improved my diet and now both eyebrow's are twitching! I guess twitching is better than weight gain. I have noticed several sweaters are smaller than they were last year. Hmm, must have shrunk in the cold barn storage! :) I can't wait to go back on the Jaime's southbeach diet and buy myself an exercise machine (I've got half the money saved away in my underwear drawer, I'm sure you wanted to know that). Wow, this is an incredibly long blog. I'd better get to work on Sunday's attendance! All for now folks!
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
Monday, October 23, 2006
*Sorry, blogger is being a pain this morning and this pictures are big to upload. I'll try to do more tonight after lessons but I've got to get ready for work now. So, only one picture loaded. It's of our new back door, which I think is beautiful! Enjoy!
Thursday, October 19, 2006
2) Birthday: 05/03/1982
3) Birthplace: St. John, Kansas
4) Current Location: Mason, Ohio
5) Eye Color: Depends on what I'm wearing
6) Hair Color: Brown
7) Height: 5'3"
8) Right Handed or Left Handed: Right Handed
9) Your Heritage: Mostly German. Does Kansan count?
10) The Shoes You Wore Today: My black serious shoes.
11) Your Weakness: Sweets!
12) Your Fears: Hmm, losing my loved ones, I guess. I really work on not being afraid of much.
13) Your Perfect Pizza: Pepperoni, sausage and extra cheese.
14) Goal You Would Like To Achieve This Year: Set up a recital for my voice students to perform in (get them ready for it!!).
15) Your Most Overused Phrase On an instant messenger: Don't IM a lot anymore
16) Thoughts First Waking Up: Depends on the day, today: "Is our house done yet? *sinking feeling* no, it's not. Then "God help me!!" :)
17) Your Best Physical Feature: Depends on the day? I don't know hair, or teeth, I guess!
18) Your Bedtime: Depends on the day. Usually by 11:00 pm
19) Your Most Missed Memory: College days (friends, choir, being romanced and serenaded by Andrew), the year I roomed with Sarah in McCreery!
20) Pepsi or Coke: Neither. The only pop I drink is Root Beer.
21) McDonalds or Burger King: Neither. Not a big fast food person. If I were desperate, McDonalds.
22) Single or Group Dates: Group dates were always more fun since Andrew doesn't really like to talk and I do!!!
23) Lipton Ice Tea or Nestea: Neither. I only drink fresh brewed tea now, the rest is gross (I'm tea spoiled, thanks to my in-law's tearoom)
24) Chocolate or Vanilla: Depends on the desert. Vanilla Ice Cream with Chocolate brownies (a little caramel never hurt, either)
25) Cappuccino or Coffee: I barely drink cappuccino . . only if it is very sugary!
26) Do you Smoke: No
27) Do you Sing: Yes! Every day!
28) Do you Shower Daily: Yes!
29) Have you Been in Love: Have been and still am!
30) Do you want to go to College: I've already done that, so probably not anymore.
31) Do you want to get Married: I've also done that so . . . no not again! :)
32) Do you believe in yourself: Not very often.
33) Do you get Motion Sickness: I never have before.
34) Do you think you are Attractive: Rarely
35) Are you a Health Freak: I try to be but am having a difficult time right now!
36) Do you get along with your Parents: Yes, very well.
37) Do you like Thunderstorms: Yes, as long as they don't damage anything.
38) Do you play an Instrument: Yes, clarinet and a little piano.
39) In the past month have you Drank Alcohol: Yes, I tried a raspberry thingy at my aunt-in-law's house. About two sips. Too strong for me!
40) In the past month have you Smoked: No
41) In the past month have you been on Drugs: No
42) In the past month have you gone on a Date: Yes, I can count the marriage
Rendezvous we attended.
43) In the past month have you gone to a Mall: Um, yes, to pick out our appliances at Sears but other than that I haven't been in over a year.
44) In the past month have you eaten a box of Oreos: No, I'm not a huge fan of packaged or processed desserts.
45) In the past month have you eaten Sushi: Not in the last month, but I actually like it! Hmm, we should do that soon.
46) In the past month have you been on Stage: Umm, no, don't think so. Not since May Fest finished.
47) In the past month have you been Dumped: Nope
48) In the past month have you gone Skinny Dipping: No, not since high school! :)
49) In the past month have you Stolen Anything: No
50) Even been drunk: No
51) Ever been called a Tease: Only by my hubby
52) Ever been Beaten up: Only by my own body. My ankles give out a lot and I fall. . . a lot.
53) Ever Shoplifted: Nope, never.
54) How do you want to Die: Working in a garden, in my sleep, but definitely before my husband. I don't want to live without him!
55) What do you want to be when you Grow Up: A mom, a singer, perhaps a professional organizer.
56) What country would you most like to Visit: Next on my list is Italy. It might be a while before we travel to Europe again! :(
In a Boy/Girl:
57) Favourite Eye Color: Girl and boy: Blue
58) Favourite Hair Color Girl and boy: red or blond
59) Short or Long Hair: Short
60) Best Clothing Style: Don't know. For a boy, I like Carol's perfect man outfit.
61) Number of Drugs I have taken: I don't take drugs (recreation or medicinal).
62) Number of CDs I own: Hmm, maybe about 50 or so.
63) Number of Piercings: Four (two in each ear)
64) Number of Tattoos: None!
65) Number of things in my Past I Regret: Not kissing my dad "goodbye" on my wedding day. I still get a little teary thinking about that.
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
We are currently still working on installing windows and doors, and roughing in plumbing and HVAC. The siding guy said he would be able to start on the 30th and it will take him a week to finish. This timing sets us back a week but it is good for Andrew, so he will have more time to finish the windows/doors and the finish the electric. These things all have to be done before we insullate or drywall because we have to pass a county inspection first. We may not pass on the first try so I'm not getting my hopes up for drywall until the 2nd or 3rd week of November. Andrew is (thankfully) taking the next class off, since he will have lots of projects to finish next month on the house (cabinets, trim, and some flooring). We are hoping to be in our house, with a nice little office set up for him, by the time his next class starts. That's all for now.
Sunday, October 15, 2006
Saturday, October 14, 2006
Friday, October 13, 2006
And last, but not least . . . Happy birthday to my mother-in-law, Susan, and my aunt-in-law, Linda.
Thursday, October 12, 2006
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Today we have HVAC and plumbers still working on roughing in pipes and duct work. The framers should be out today or tomorrow to finish framing up the mud room and laundry room. The windows are going to be delivered on Friday, so hopefully Andrew will have some time to get them put in this weekend. We don't want them to get stolen, so we are pondering tricky ways to hide them or possibly keep them in Wayne and Susan's shop for safety. We'll see what happens. Andrew should be able to begin the electric next week and the siding guy is probably going to come out in the middle of next week. Hopefully, we'll be able to seal everything up there soon. It keeps on moving quickly!
Monday, October 09, 2006
If we find someone to do the roof for the price we want, things will continue to progress rapidly and Andrew could be installing the windows sometime soon. If we can't find anyone, Andrew will continue with the roofing project until it is complete. We think that might set us back two to three weeks. We'll see what happens tomorrow. Ok, now on to the pictures.
Thursday, October 05, 2006
Andrew and Wayne putting on the tar paper for the roof. Sorry this picture is so dark but well . . . it was pretty dark outside! Our neighbor, Herb, is watching and helping.
Blogger is being stupid and I can't click where I want to so this is the caption for the picture below. Our house on Tuesday 10/3/06
Our house at lunch today (10/05/06)
The front dormers are in. Now they just have to frame walls in upstairs and finish the dormer in the back.
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Today: Backfill and framing
Tomorrow: AM, meeting with the septic excavator and beginning to trench, PM Porch and Garage Concrete poured, steps installed inside
Friday: Finish framing (maybe), continue to work on roof, and septic excavator work
Saturday: Roofing Party!
Tuesday: HVAC and Plumber beginning rough in
That's all for now. Hopefully, I'll get pictures up later today. It's changed already!
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
I give thanks every day for this house. I have sent up many prayers throughout this whole process (many of them being, "Dear God, Make this cheaper!"). We have both wanted the same things from the start which is a very conservative house, in which we can serve God. We weren't picky about the things we didn't feel mattered much in the grand scheme of things, such as colors, finishes, the size of the house, fireplaces, building the master suite, cabinets, flooring, and other things we consider a luxury! Not to say that there hasn't been stress but I think we'll come out of this process much stronger and more knowledgeable people! One can only hope and pray!
I am usually ready for bed (at about 10:30 pm or so) and think "Oh no, I forgot to post the pictures," so I will run down to the computer and do it then! It is really a pretty quick process.
Monday, October 02, 2006
Looking into the garage from the kitchen "door." There are lots of supports in place . . . which is a good thing!
Looking at the house from the north west side. Hopefully, backfill will be done tomorrow.
Pictures from the back of the house.
From the south west side of the house. The workers are waiting for the plywood to arrive!